Originally Posted By: The Iceman
Well I see you believe obama when he made the 90% reference, well there is a problem as I see it when it comes to this supposed 90%. If 90% of americans supported it as you and obama claim then it would make sense that it would have passed by overwhelming numbers, as the senators who voted against it would have voted in favor of it as they would not have been worried about losing in the next election. Unless you're going to try and tell me that all the senators who voted against it would be worried by the 10% who was against it.

yeah the NRA was instrumental in getting it blocked but I'm sure all the people who contacted their respective senators urging them to vote against this which I did with both of my senators was just as instrumental. Oh wait let me guess just the 10% opopsed to it contacted their senators right.

Beg to differ here, first of all I'm not sure why a 60 minimum vote is necessary to pass a measure in the senate, but it did get votes of more than half the senators, just not 60 out of 100. In every other democracy, half the votes would be enough.

Second of all, I think NRA is more important to these senators than their actual constituents, because you just have one vote, but NRA actually can fund their campaign or that of their opponents.

And thirdly, the approval rating for some of these senators who voted against this bill dropped significantly. So I think you might be in the wrong here.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones