The number of associates COMPARED to made guys in Chicago is not the same as the number of associates COMPARED to New York. This is where you are very wrong and misinformed. Chicago has a very high number of associates compared to made men. New York's ratio is smaller and always has been smaller. Why? New York has always been very liberal in making people. Chicago has always been much more select. The F.B.I. has stated this fact in some of their reports. You should know this being an F.B.I. report expert. Many of the associates who work for made guys in Chicago would have been made guys in New York and allowed to do what they want as long as they kicked up to their Captain. Chicago has always been different in this regard. My Uncle would have EASILY been a made guy in one of the New York Families. Chicago has always been much more selective.
As far as busts in Chicago, the OFFSHORE Gambling ( supervised by Marco D'Amico) would not involve busts because it is basically legit. You make the wrong assumption that no busts for Gambling means no activity. You are very wrong on this point. The Outfit is like the Corleone family becoming basically legit. This is the only example I can use that you might understand. The Chicago Outfit is very shrewd, smaller, leaner and more legitimate which means in the long run, they will survive a very long time. Don't ask me to prove what I said with an F.B.I Report. You can believe what you want, and I'll believe what I know. It's not a problem. You and I will never really agree on too much because I'm going mainly by inside information that I can't prove to you and you're going by an F.B.I. REPORT WHICH IS NOT ALWAYS ACCURATE OR UP TO DATE. THAT'S WHY THE FEDS ARE ALWAYS TRING TO GET MORE INFORMATION from guys like my Uncle who will not tell them anything. They punished him by sending him to prison. I'm talking from a street inside level which can't be proven on a Blog. You're talking from a F.B.I. Report which is 5 years old and incomplete. We will never agree on some of these points. Not a problem

Last edited by elmwoodparker; 05/31/13 04:52 AM.