Ivy, I agree that there are 30 active made guys. Where I disagree is in the number and definition of an associate. If you were to count all the guys who work full time directly for the made guys, plus you added in all the people WHO DO BUSINESS WITH THE OUTFIT ( which would be all the Bar Owners, street bookies, union guys etc.) the number OF ASSOCIATES would be way more than 120. There are at least 100 bar owners who have poker machines alone! That's why the 1997 Crime Commission Report stated 700 to 1,200 Associates. They were counting EVERBODY. The 2007 Report of more than 100 Associates was only counting the full time guys who work directly for the made guys because the made guys run their own crews. Do you see what I'm saying? I KNOW YOU ARE SMART ENOUGH TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE.
In addition, as a side note, The Feds questioned my Uncle as far back as 1997 about the Outfit structure and other things that we talk about here on these blogs. If they know everything, why would they want to question him and when he refused to talk, send him to Jail for two years?? No Offense, but all I'm saying is that my Uncle knows more than the Feds.

Last edited by elmwoodparker; 05/30/13 07:35 PM.