Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Originally Posted By: Lilo
It is incredibly arrogant and presumptuous for Prager or anyone to suggest that the Muslim-American Ellison, whose American antecedents may well predate Prager's, is somehow being unAmerican and "undermining American civilization". What undermines American civilization is the backdoor religious test for office which Prager seems to think we ought to have. The Bible is not the central text for the American value system. In that respect Prager is the true false American of the two. There are plenty of theocracies to which Prager could move if he felt it necessary. Fortunately this country is not yet one of them.

WHAT?? Are you implying the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution weren't handed down to the founding fathers on gold plates by Jesus himself? whistle

Of course, there's Muslim Andre Carson of Indiana in the House also. So that's two of them. AND, there's a Hindu, 3 Buddhists and Catholics hold about 30% of seats in Congress. I don't know about the rest of you, but I can read the handwriting on the wall. At this rate, we atheists will be on the chopping block before long.

Last edited by olivant; 05/30/13 02:04 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."