Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
[I wasnt talking out of my ass, I dont comment on things I know nothing about. I am familiar with this topic and thus I felt like commenting.

Your original comment was basically, "Prager is full of shit." That shows a simple knee jerk reaction based on politics and not an informed opinion on the guy.

Quote:
Prager consistently espouses the neoconservative line on both foreign and domestic affairs, including championing the Iraq War and hardline Israeli policies. In a December 2003 op-ed for the WSJ titled "Ten Lessons from Saddam Hussein's Capture," Prager says: "America is the greatest force for good on the planet. America, with the support of Britain and some other countries, and against the rest of 'world opinion,' liberated Iraq from evil." "The positive effect on humanity of good vanquishing evil cannot be overstated. ... Many on the Left are ... not particularly happy [with Saddam's capture]. Saddam's capture is a victory for American force and for George W. Bush, and the Left hates both more than it hates Saddam. ... Most of the Left does not hate evil; hatred of evil is primarily found on the Right. ... For years leading up to 9/11, Islamists were respected for their increasing power and America was losing respect as it suffered blows at the hands of Islamic terror. Now America is seen as the powerful one, and is earning the respect once accorded Saddam and Osama. The importance of this cannot be overstated."

You can slap that "neoconservative" label on him, even though I'm still not sure exactly what it means, but Prager is 100% right in what he said above.

Quote:
There's also the controversy surrounding Congressman Keith Ellison, the first Muslim to be elected to Congress, who Prager argued should not be allowed to be sworn in to office using the Koran instead of the Bible, because it "undermines American civilization". He wrote that it would be "an act of hubris that perfectly exemplifies multiculturalist activism—my culture trumps America's culture. What Ellison and his Muslim and leftist supporters are saying is that it is of no consequence what America holds as its holiest book; all that matters is what any individual holds to be his holiest book. Forgive me, but America should not give a hoot what Keith Ellison's favorite book is."

He's makes a very good point here too.

Quote:
My comment dealt with private institutions (Harvard, Standford, Yale, etc). Yes, the mainstream media does have a liberal bias.

The ones you mentioned above are notoriously liberal. Harvard, in particular.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.