Juan Joe Bravo Fernandez n Reynalds Desjardins r not "made men" in the official sense. They were the Meyer Lansky n Bugsy Siegel of The Montreal underworld in terms of their status, the respect they received n their direct connections to Vito n the Sicilian faction. They were as close to the seat of power, the inner circle n the top level operations within the crime family that any non-Italian associate was gonna get.

Fernandez was just puffing his chest, bragging, something he's known for. As far as the transcripts go, like so many situations that concern conversations n transcripts, they can be taken out of context n can be interpreted differently by individuals. Desjardins was close to Vito n his right-hand concerning drug n construction operations, n was the leader of the non-Italian/French-Canadian faction within the family. Fernandez was head of the Ontario operations for Vito, these were two high level non-Italian leaders, who commanded a great deal of respect n authority, but regardless if Vito were to "make" them, which he wouldnt bcuz the Rizzuto-Manno-Cammilleri-Renda clan were absolute Sicilian mafia traditionalists when it came to the traditions, rules n codes of Cosa Nostra (certainly not with business practises, lol). Nobody outside of the inner circle would have recognized them officially as "men of honor", especially not in Sicily.

I mentioned on the Joe Bravo hit post on how he n his associate were most likely hit exactly bcuz they were non-Sicilians n not "made men" n would not be trusted by the Bagheria clan after the big raid. The Bagheria clan members n others within Cosa Nostra would definitely give Fernandez n his right hand man Pimentel much respect n defer to Joe Bravo as a Vito Rizzuto "Representato." But the way I see it, the most likely scenario concerning the Fernandez n Pimentel murders was that they were not "men of honor", not even Sicilians n as soon as the 21 Cosa Nostra members were rounded up n the operation exposed, the leaders saw the two Spanish or Canadian transplants as a threat n they were ordered hit, the leaders sending the Bagheria clan members, the Scaduto brothers to do the job. Salvatore having operating in Toronto n associated with Fernandez n the Ontario Rizzuto faction in the past, thus he would be trusted by Fernandez. After the raid, the Scadutos probably set it up with the two Canadians to meet, playing like they wanted to being them up to speed on the situation n help them hide or get out of Sicily......n then.......Boom, they get whacked n "bruciato" to a crisp. So much for the "lupara bianca."

But once again, just my oinion...n as I stated before...we know what opinions are like! Lol

Sidenote - BTW, the answer to this question of "are they officially made men or regarded as men of honor" would be easy to answer if anybody has ever heard of either Fernandez or Desjardins as being introduced as "A Friend of Ours" or "A Friend of Mine" when being introduced known mafiosi.I wonder if they have anything that solid from past surveillance of the two mobsters over the years?