Originally Posted By: bronx
if people knew he was soft, why kill him? barney had to know..who would have the balls to kill his main guy and no bodies when barney comes home..were they compare's?

By the time Barney came home from prison Farby was long dead from cancer. Chin was already dead too, for that matter. So what would have been the upside in going after the shooters? They were just following orders. Besides, Barney is old school. If Chin told him to eat it, he would have had to eaten it, even it had been his own brother. That's the life.

Originally Posted By: tiger84
A few years ago i read an article on RC and in the comments section there was a guy who was apparently a guy who knew/related to RC and he had nothing but bad things to say about barney and none else.He didnt mention the genevse or the life his anger was very specific at barney for not only whacking him but also for bringing him into the life

It's true that the Coppolas resent Barney. Ralph was soft. He was a suburbs guy. But he loved the money and the so called "glamor" of the life.

His family blaming anyone is hypocritical because they sure enjoyed the money, and everyone and their mother who was even half-assed related to Ralph ended up with a high paying job at the Javits. That's a fact that they don't bitch about when blaming Barney. Some of them are still in the carpenters union. Hypocrisy, plain and simple. I hate to use a fictional media example, but think Carmela Soprano throwing fit after fit but keeping the jewelry and the beach house rolleyes.

Barney is no angel. God only knows how many guys aren't here today because of him. But it's just my OPINION that Barney cared about Ralph. He just couldn't save him.

Again, I don't claim "inside knowledge," other than some mutual friends and having crossed paths a few times over the years. It's just my opinion smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.