Originally Posted By: livelifenoregrets

I think he just has a big mouth...I don't think that if he were a made guy that he would have to go to Italy and start telling people he was made...His boss would call and say he is a friend of ours and to treat him like so...its no shit he ended up dead. This guy was subject to countless wiretaps and undercover agents over years and years in Canada and not once was he ever referred to as a made guy or anyone who was treated as such. He was street muscle.

In the wider context of the conversation, Bravo says Vito makes the rules in the beginning and thus implying that the guys over in Italy were the ones to have initially inquired whether he was actually made or not and had the right to sit in discussions with other made guys. He wasnt the one to broach the topic which shows that the discussion that followed and his responses (unless he was bullshitting, unlikely you dont lie about that to other made guys especially in Sicily) are valid.

Sorry if my writing came out sounding like legalese, been reading some construction contracts all day that my lawyers sent over.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.