Originally Posted By: elmwoodparker
mikesugarshack, I accept your word on Jimmy I. I wasn't sure if he was with 26th St. or Cicero. He seemed to be connected to both. Jimmy I is a big heavy. No question. The Outfit rewards guys like that when they do their time. Solly D. is another one. Anyway, thank you for your kind words. I was only trying to educate some of these people, in particular, about the past concerning the Structure of the Outfit and how it was different than New York. Wouldn't you agree that in Chicago there is a difference between Soldiers who belong to the Crew and Associates who do 'Business' with the Crew like the 25% street books or the bar owners that have poker machines? Those guys are associates. The guys who collect and work the phones on the inside are soldiers who belong to the crew working under made guys. I think this guy Ivy is a little sick in the head and really doesn't know shit about Chicago.

Jimmy I is actually a Taylor Street guy who worked for Torello and Ferriola and the Cicero crew in the 70s and 80s. He was working with the Caruso's when he got out of prison in the 1990s and remains close with Toots and Bruno, though I agree he stayed a Cicero guy and was working with the Spanos in early 2000. Following his last prison stretch, I believe he returned to Cicero who 26th Street reports into. 26th Street to Cicero is like Grand Ave is to Elmwood Park.