GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 541 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,796
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,357
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,418
Posts1,060,588
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: afsaneh77] #716333
05/19/13 11:42 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Originally Posted By: fathersson
I don't think he was being cruel....
He was just doing like the rest of us...
Saying we have had enough of this shit people keep throwing out there.

When people feed you this kind of shit, day in and day out....thread to thread it gets a bit overwheling, especially when they have opinions with little or no experience in the subject. Then want to challenge ant posts put out there without any real facts or knowlege.

Then the what about this and the why question try to twist things around but we know what bullshit smell like and sounds like.

People can try as they like to spin things, but you know when your F*@ken wrong you just have to stop and admit you are maybe wrong.

And you know you can only take so much crap before you speach up!

Were you under the influence when you posted this? lol Anyway, as you always go on your soapbox as a moderator wannabe to preach everyone is entitled to their opinion and can speak up their mind here, you could practice what you preach yourself once in a while. This is what I think. I'm entitled to post it here. Don't you like it? Ignore my ID.

Oh. sure go to the insult mode. That is always the play when you have NOTHING to Said that is worth listening too! Like most of your posts.
Don't worry I mostly DO ! lol Ignore more and more
Enjoy the day!

Insult mode? lol Said the person whose previous post not only had f word, s word, not to mention "crap" and "bullshit" when he was so eloquently "speeching up." grin

lol and you read every word- lol Now if the other people read it and learn from it then it did it's job. But I am sorry to say you didn't learn anything from it I see. lol
You keep posting and I'll keep laughing lol

I am off to the lake to enjoy this fine weather- Take care!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716334
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Crap isn't a cuss word

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716420
05/19/13 07:53 PM
05/19/13 07:53 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

First, there's no sugar coating these "Walk Away Moms." A mom who abandons her family is just evil, plain and simple.

Second, there's no need to start changing terms or doing away with Father/Daughter dances. The traditional family makeup of a father, mother, and children is the best (i.e. superior to all the rest) and should be encouraged by society.

Third, a woman simply making a "choice" doesn't mean it's inherently good. That's the same language twisting that's been done with abortion. Supporters of it, in an attempt to change the topic from what's happening to the baby, argue it's a good thing because they support "choice." By the same token, a women choosing to work outside the home isn't a good thing if it takes away from her role as a wife and mother. And it often does.

Fourth, even though both a husband and father may work outside the home, the balance should always be towards the husband being the main breadwinner and the wife taking care of the duties at home. Adjustments may need to be made according to individual situations but, generally speaking, that's the way it should be. Contrary to liberal, secular, social re-engineering bullshit, gender roles are a good thing and have long been there for a reason.

Fifth, Western Europe continues to be a bellwether for the destructive changes we are and will continue to see here in the U.S.

Sixth and finally, afsaneh77, you need help. Plain and simple.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: klydon1] #716425
05/19/13 08:05 PM
05/19/13 08:05 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: klydon1
This inalysis reflects the typical, baseless tempest in a teapot. Categorizing these things, most of which are trivial and misleading, as a war on gender is laughable.

If Harvard wants to show a modicum of respect to one of its employees by refraining from a gender-based pronoun, so be it. It can't stop all of those, who have their panties in a ball over transgenders, from slinging whatever name they want at her. Not calling the transgender "he" or "she" is no crazier than calling Prager's collection of videos a "university."

Catholic Charities was receiving public funds for its adoption services, and therefore are obligated not to discriminate unlawfully in its placement services. It could continue to operate without public funds, but voluntarily suspended adoption services in order to keep the pipelines of public money flowing.

There had been litigation in Illinois as well alleging that Catholic Charities also discriminated on the basis of race and marital status.

I don't buy the line that supporting marriage equality for gays is leading to the result that "gender is insignificant." It is certainly significant to those, who are getting married, gay or straight, and they're the ones, whose opinions matter.

So much nonsense here only a lawyer could come up with this. Where to begin?

Those are just some examples of an overall growing trend - the minimization of the differences between men and women. And it's very much a tempest. Without such changing attitudes, which believe there's no real difference between the sexes, we would never have seen the issue of gay marriage even come up; much less legalized in a dozen states now.

Likewise, it's these same changing attitudes that consider it improper for Catholic charities to not favor a father and mother couple over a homosexual one, despite that familial makeup being clearly superior.

As for "Prager University," it's obviously not meant literally. Prager uses that term because many of our universities today have become, in his words, left-wing seminaries where brainwashing, more than education, is the order of the day.

For you to draw some kind of comparison between Prager's play on words, and calling a man a "woman" or a woman a "man," is absurd.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: IvyLeague] #716440
05/19/13 08:51 PM
05/19/13 08:51 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
First, there's no sugar coating these "Walk Away Moms." A mom who abandons her family is just evil, plain and simple.

Second, there's no need to start changing terms or doing away with Father/Daughter dances. The traditional family makeup of a father, mother, and children is the best (i.e. superior to all the rest) and should be encouraged by society.

Third, a woman simply making a "choice" doesn't mean it's inherently good. That's the same language twisting that's been done with abortion. Supporters of it, in an attempt to change the topic from what's happening to the baby, argue it's a good thing because they support "choice." By the same token, a women choosing to work outside the home isn't a good thing if it takes away from her role as a wife and mother. And it often does.

Fourth, even though both a husband and father may work outside the home, the balance should always be towards the husband being the main breadwinner and the wife taking care of the duties at home. Adjustments may need to be made according to individual situations but, generally speaking, that's the way it should be. Contrary to liberal, secular, social re-engineering bullshit, gender roles are a good thing and have long been there for a reason.

Fifth, Western Europe continues to be a bellwether for the destructive changes we are and will continue to see here in the U.S.

Sixth and finally, afsaneh77, you need help. Plain and simple.

Ivy come on. Since when is it bad for a mother to work? A have a friend who's mother worked for bank of America and his dad stayed at home and took care of the household. Explain to me why that's bad. Women can be breadwinners there's no reason for them not to strive for it, by the same token plenty choose to stay at my home like my own mom. But let me tell you ivy that makes her no less equal than my dad. To say "that's the way it should be" is absolutely absurd. I called out afs on her crap, im going to call you out on this.

This isn't the fifties anymore. The man doesn't always work, the woman doesn't always and doesn't have to stay in the household. It's being oversimplistic and stereotypical. Gender roles are there, I'm not saying we toss them out. But we shouldn't let them constrict us and confine us

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716444
05/19/13 09:15 PM
05/19/13 09:15 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Ivy come on. Since when is it bad for a mother to work? A have a friend who's mother worked for bank of America and his dad stayed at home and took care of the household. Explain to me why that's bad. Women can be breadwinners there's no reason for them not to strive for it, by the same token plenty choose to stay at my home like my own mom. But let me tell you ivy that makes her no less equal than my dad. To say "that's the way it should be" is absolutely absurd. I called out afs on her crap, im going to call you out on this.

This isn't the fifties anymore. The man doesn't always work, the woman doesn't always and doesn't have to stay in the household. It's being oversimplistic and stereotypical. Gender roles are there, I'm not saying we toss them out. But we shouldn't let them constrict us and confine us

Women becoming the main breadwinner in the family is becoming increasingly common in our society. More women than men have graduated from US colleges with bachelor’s degrees in every year since 1982, and the same is true for all college degrees (associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s degrees). For the class of 2012, women earned 61.7% of all associate’s degrees, 56.9% of all bachelor’s degrees, 59.6% of all master’s degrees, and 52.1% of all doctor’s degrees. Overall, there were 141 women graduating with a college degree at some level in 2012 for every 100 men. This is from the Dept of Education.

Our society has become one that increasingly requires two adults making an income to sustain and prosper. Personally, I know of tons of couples who both work but the woman earns more than the man. These are all white collar professionals (lawyers, doctors, wall street, etc). Sure it might have pissed the man off back in the day (and it still does bother a few) that he earns less than his wife. But you grow to accept and encourage the success of your spouse, as you should. The vast majority of women who become professionals (I have encountered quite a few) are no-nonsense and work their butts off much more than their male counterparts to continually strive to better themselves.

There was an article a while back in the WSJ about the increasing number of men in our country who are stay at home dads while the wife is the main breadwinner in the family. Many of the dads that are in this situation were at first embarrassed but have grown to become accustomed and grateful to stay at home and raise their children,given that traditionally this hasn't been the norm. There are tons of men who would rather stay at home anyway.

I say it all comes down to each individual case. If both spouses want to work and raise a child, they should have that right and should make every effort to accommodate each others career aspirations while ensuring a proper upbringing for their kids (whether they decide to use a nanny or share the household duties, etc). If one spouse wants to be the stay at home parent, then thats fine as well. Each couple should be able to make their own choice.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 05/19/13 09:21 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: IvyLeague] #716448
05/19/13 09:30 PM
05/19/13 09:30 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

As for "Prager University," it's obviously not meant literally. Prager uses that term because many of our universities today have become, in his words, left-wing seminaries where brainwashing, more than education, is the order of the day.

Prager and his crappy university are full of bullshit. Brainwashing? LOL. It has been shown that the opposite is the case with many universities in the South (especially rural) doing much bible-thumping in all aspects of their teachings (I have seen this personally on visits). I suggest you visit a few of our nations universities (good ones, not bullshit ones like Prager) and you will see that this is far from the case. Conservative and Liberal viewpoints are always discussed (and debated) besides one another in subjects such as politics, economics, or many others. The debates are never one sided either. Often times its the right wing viewpoint (from my experience) that makes the most noise.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 05/19/13 09:31 PM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716470
05/20/13 12:42 AM
05/20/13 12:42 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Thanks Ivy for proving my point. If not for anything else, I can always count on you to show some who are in denial what's going on. grin

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: Dapper_Don] #716499
05/20/13 07:16 AM
05/20/13 07:16 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

I say it all comes down to each individual case. If both spouses want to work and raise a child, they should have that right and should make every effort to accommodate each others career aspirations while ensuring a proper upbringing for their kids (whether they decide to use a nanny or share the household duties, etc). If one spouse wants to be the stay at home parent, then thats fine as well. Each couple should be able to make their own choice.

This is it exactly.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716505
05/20/13 08:17 AM
05/20/13 08:17 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
rolleyes How did this thread get so off track?

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: Lilo] #716514
05/20/13 10:22 AM
05/20/13 10:22 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Lilo
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

This is it exactly.

Ditto. It's whatever works on an individual basis, and no one has the right to judge a happy home dynamic just because it's foreign to them.

In my own case, my Mom worked at a time when it was still frowned upon by some (my parents were married in the '50s). Now granted, we lived in a very old world neighborhood where there were actually some young women who frowned upon the woman's movement. But my mother would tell them to just mind their own business (or truth be told, sometimes she'd tell them to just fuck off grin ).

My wife worked right up until a few years ago. And that's not to imply that she doesn't still "work" today. She still runs the house, although the kids are mostly grown. And she handles the billing on four of our apartment buildings, which is a full time job in itself. Left to my own devices, I'd take all cash and work out of cigar box. The IRS would execute me if it wasn't for her.

Just one note on that article. It's not entirely without merit because every young parent (male and female) fantasizes at one time or another about taking off and living on an island somewhere. But it's almost always just that: a fantasy. Anyone who runs out on their kids, be it the mother or the father, is a piece of shit, and I don't care what their justification is.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: afsaneh77] #716515
05/20/13 10:25 AM
05/20/13 10:25 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Thanks Ivy for proving my point. If not for anything else, I can always count on you to show some who are in denial what's going on. grin

Afs girl, you got stamina!!! clap Now, get that apron on and get back in that kitchen and scrub down those walls. lol

Tell me again, what century are we in?

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: fathersson] #716516
05/20/13 10:26 AM
05/20/13 10:26 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
rolleyes How did this thread get so off track?

Stream of consciousness. smile

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716518
05/20/13 10:30 AM
05/20/13 10:30 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
I think me and mrs. dicknose are moving too fast she wants to settle down rolleyes

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #716519
05/20/13 10:37 AM
05/20/13 10:37 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
I think me and mrs. dicknose are moving too fast she wants to settle down rolleyes

You're almost 30, DickNose. There's no "moving too fast" anymore. Shit or get off the bowl, and stop wasting that poor girl's time.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: pizzaboy] #716520
05/20/13 10:42 AM
05/20/13 10:42 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

You're almost 30, DickNose. There's no "moving too fast" anymore. Shit or get off the bowl, and stop wasting that poor girl's time.

Well she isn't a naturalized citizen shes from Argento I have to ask her father for her hand?

Genovese Family."
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #716521
05/20/13 10:47 AM
05/20/13 10:47 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Well she isn't a naturalized citizen shes from Argento I have to ask her father for her hand?

I'm guessing you mean Agrigento?

And if that's the case, you ain't man enough tongue grin .

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #716524
05/20/13 10:50 AM
05/20/13 10:50 AM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania

Don't just ask for her hand. Make sure you get the rest of her. wink Good luck to you both.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: klydon1] #716526
05/20/13 10:57 AM
05/20/13 10:57 AM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club

I'm guessing you mean Agrigento?

And if that's the case, you ain't man enough tongue grin .
Originally Posted By: klydon1

Don't just ask for her hand. Make sure you get the rest of her. wink Good luck to you both.

I'll ask her for both hands

Genovese Family."
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #716550
05/20/13 12:13 PM
05/20/13 12:13 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Afs girl, you got stamina!!! clap Now, get that apron on and get back in that kitchen and scrub down those walls. lol

Tell me again, what century are we in?

TIS

Yes ma'am, I'll get right on it. lol For women, it just doesn't seem like times going forward. uhwhat

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: pizzaboy] #716566
05/20/13 02:57 PM
05/20/13 02:57 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Anyone who runs out on their kids, be it the mother or the father, is a piece of shit, and I don't care what their justification is.

Ain't that the truth? Kids, work, house, spouse, they can become overwhelming. But you made 'em, you take care of 'em, I don't care if you're tired, or you didn't get to enjoy your youth, or whatever bullshit you want to come up with to justify your actions to yourself. Children and marriage are a lifetime commitment.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: pizzaboy] #716605
05/20/13 07:13 PM
05/20/13 07:13 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Anyone who runs out on their kids, be it the mother or the father, is a piece of shit, and I don't care what their justification is.

Amen. I have noticed a disturbing uptick in recent years in the number of single moms who's husband/baby's father want nothing to do with them or their offspring - both in terms of supporting them financially or just being there for them. This is horrible - be it a mother or a father not being there for their child.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 05/20/13 07:18 PM.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716608
05/20/13 07:54 PM
05/20/13 07:54 PM
LCN1987 Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
LCN1987  Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
Capo
Iran is a shithole. End of story.

Please don't compare gender roles in Iran with gender roles in USA. It's like comparing Hitler with Martin Luther King.

Last edited by LCN1987; 05/20/13 07:58 PM.
Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716639
05/20/13 10:59 PM
05/20/13 10:59 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

It's not necessarily "bad" for a mother to work unless it takes away from her primary role as a wife and mother. And if often does. Needless to say, women are the ones who give birth and are almost always the ones who raise the children, while the man is the breadwinner. This is the ideal set up even if many women to have to also work to make ends meet. To think they these roles can or should be switched at will is living in denial.

Originally Posted By: "Dapper_Don"
Women becoming the main breadwinner in the family is becoming increasingly common in our society. More women than men have graduated from US colleges with bachelor’s degrees in every year since 1982, and the same is true for all college degrees (associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s degrees). For the class of 2012, women earned 61.7% of all associate’s degrees, 56.9% of all bachelor’s degrees, 59.6% of all master’s degrees, and 52.1% of all doctor’s degrees. Overall, there were 141 women graduating with a college degree at some level in 2012 for every 100 men. This is from the Dept of Education.

Our society has become one that increasingly requires two adults making an income to sustain and prosper. Personally, I know of tons of couples who both work but the woman earns more than the man. These are all white collar professionals (lawyers, doctors, wall street, etc). Sure it might have pissed the man off back in the day (and it still does bother a few) that he earns less than his wife. But you grow to accept and encourage the success of your spouse, as you should. The vast majority of women who become professionals (I have encountered quite a few) are no-nonsense and work their butts off much more than their male counterparts to continually strive to better themselves.

There was an article a while back in the WSJ about the increasing number of men in our country who are stay at home dads while the wife is the main breadwinner in the family. Many of the dads that are in this situation were at first embarrassed but have grown to become accustomed and grateful to stay at home and raise their children,given that traditionally this hasn't been the norm. There are tons of men who would rather stay at home anyway.

Something being common doesn't inherently make it right. And women making up most of the workforce is just the latest sign of decline in our society. It's not something to be lauded or cheered.

Originally Posted By: "Dapper_Don"
Prager and his crappy university are full of bullshit. Brainwashing? LOL. It has been shown that the opposite is the case with many universities in the South (especially rural) doing much bible-thumping in all aspects of their teachings (I have seen this personally on visits). I suggest you visit a few of our nations universities (good ones, not bullshit ones like Prager) and you will see that this is far from the case. Conservative and Liberal viewpoints are always discussed (and debated) besides one another in subjects such as politics, economics, or many others. The debates are never one sided either. Often times its the right wing viewpoint (from my experience) that makes the most noise.

First, a guy like Prager has more brains than a partisan, meme-posting hack like you will ever have. Try listening to the guy before running your mouth.

Second, as I pointed out above, when he calls it "Prager University," he doesn't mean a literal university.

Third, while I don't necessarily doubt that there are Christian/Bible teachings interwoven in some of the classes of some Southern colleges, for you to argue that most public universities don't have a huge liberal slant shows how non-objective I've always believed you to be.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716642
05/20/13 11:12 PM
05/20/13 11:12 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
I really don't get why you think women making strives in the workforce is bad ivy. Besides in the business world it doesn't matter about whether or not you have a penis it's about your brain: what you can do with it and can you make it in a business environment. That's not a decline of society, now I agree that if men are falling behind which they are when it comes to education and college degrees something must be done to resolve that.

But it's like almost everyone else said before, individual households make the choice of who works or who stays at home. It is NOT subjected to the man being a breadwinner and the women staying in the kitchen. I'm starting to think you're watching too much All in the family ivy lol remember that show is comedy

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716650
05/20/13 11:36 PM
05/20/13 11:36 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I really don't get why you think women making strives in the workforce is bad ivy. Besides in the business world it doesn't matter about whether or not you have a penis it's about your brain: what you can do with it and can you make it in a business environment. That's not a decline of society, now I agree that if men are falling behind which they are when it comes to education and college degrees something must be done to resolve that.

But it's like almost everyone else said before, individual households make the choice of who works or who stays at home. It is NOT subjected to the man being a breadwinner and the women staying in the kitchen. I'm starting to think you're watching too much All in the family ivy lol remember that show is comedy

It signifies a continued breakdown of the traditional family unit. Anyone who thinks the best scenario for kids is to be raised in a home with two working parents is delusional. No success outside the home can compensate for failure in the home. And that certainly applies to women, including those who sacrifice family for the sake of their careers. The woman having the primary role of wife, mother, and homemaker, while men being the husband, father, and main breadwinner, has always been the norm. It's meant to be that way, whether you realize it or not.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716651
05/20/13 11:53 PM
05/20/13 11:53 PM
Massachusetts, USA
123JoeSchmo Offline OP
Underboss
123JoeSchmo  Offline OP
Underboss
Massachusetts, USA
Ivy just stop and think about that for a second. That's the way it's "supposed" to be? You really do need a time machine to the fifties. I'm not saying kids should be raised with both parents working but what if the dad stays at home and the mother works? Who says a father can't take care of the kids? I'm trying to get you to think outside of the box here. How do you know for sure that it's "meant" to be that way? Please don't tell me you do.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: LCN1987] #716658
05/21/13 12:37 AM
05/21/13 12:37 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Originally Posted By: LCN1987
Please don't compare gender roles in Iran with gender roles in USA. It's like comparing Hitler with Martin Luther King.

And that's based on how long living in Iran? When it comes to gender roles, there's not much difference. I just compared them for the sake of my own life. Deal with it.

And individual choices are not the issue. There are women who make more money than their husband here. A dentist makes a very good living. Those whose wives are dentists, usually don't work at all. It's like that almost everywhere. And the society is exactly the same. Ivy whose idea is a common point of view in the US, is saying what mullahs here are saying all along. "Primary role of women are homemaking and raising kids." Well to be honest, even mullahs don't say primary role of women is homemaking, they just say it is raising kids. Work outside the home while is okay, shouldn't interfere with that primary role. Moreover, whatever woman makes outside, she doesn't have to spend it for her family. It's hers to keep. Homemaking is role of a maid that husband would have to pay for it. But since middle class can't afford it, it falls on women to carry that burden as well, work outside and spend their income to live better lives. Just as what's happening in the US.

Last edited by afsaneh77; 05/21/13 01:40 AM.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: 123JoeSchmo] #716660
05/21/13 12:40 AM
05/21/13 12:40 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Ivy just stop and think about that for a second. That's the way it's "supposed" to be? You really do need a time machine to the fifties. I'm not saying kids should be raised with both parents working but what if the dad stays at home and the mother works? Who says a father can't take care of the kids? I'm trying to get you to think outside of the box here. How do you know for sure that it's "meant" to be that way? Please don't tell me you do.

Yes, I do know for sure that's how it's supposed to be. Just like I know a lot of other things. That you don't know them, or don't believe them, is your problem and doesn't change what's true. And for a father to choose to stay home with the kids, while the mother works, is just unnatural and wrong. But, considering your twisted view on things like gay marriage, I don't expect you to understand any of this either.

Re: Rhode Island votes yes to gay marriage [Re: IvyLeague] #716664
05/21/13 12:51 AM
05/21/13 12:51 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
What makes it unnatural and wrong for a father to stay at home and take care of the kids while the mother works?

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull