Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
You come across to me as attacking anything that doesn't fit your world view. That makes you just as bad as the ultra conservatives you attack. I have the same problem at times. But to me what you're saying is that women in the United States are still in the same boat they were forty years ago. That's simply not true. And then you bash men (and women too I will add) who don't agree with you as "not walking the walk".

You know I support gay marriage, that won't vanish gender roles. But households today have the power to delegate who does what in the house. And since when does society blame women if the kids aren't taken care of or the house is messed up? I think it would be the father who would take the bad rap for that, especially if he walked out or is abusive.

As I've said before, you're stuck in the past fighting for a cause that doesn't need fighting for. You haven't spent enough here to really know how an American family works. Step back from your high horse for a second and see the other side of an issue.
I

Not sure why you are so mad if this fight is already won and I'm charging at the windmills. And society makes women feel guilty when they put their career ahead of their family, but applauds it when men do so. This has not been changed one bit. You could say all you want, I see a different picture here.

The fight is already over. For some reason you want to shake the pot up further. Such as renaming father daughter dances, or disregard gender roles completely. You have a very misconstrued perception of things over here. Speak for your own country but not here.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone