I very much doubt Fernandez was a made guy, I highly doubt that Desjardins was made either. It would have came out in some way shape or form. I think Fernandez was running his mouth and he felt to comfortable out there maybe that's why he was murdered not to level power but because he was telling people he was made...Who knows, it could be anything but anyway .... I don't think Desjardin' position in the Mafia is because of his marriage. He was well established as a major player in Quebec. I think the marriage was more of a strategic alliance. Italian mafia is known to intertwine families with marriage and I think for Desjardins to be accepted in Italian circles and to sit at the table with the big boys he married in to it. He was closer to the Cotronis but Rizzuto being boss and Desjardins the biggest player in Quebec it only made sense they hooked up. Weather Desjardin married her or not he was major major smuggler but he needed the international reach that the Rizzutos had to really play on the International stage. They use to refer to their organization as the Dejardins-Rizzuto organization in the early 90's. Desjardins went to prison and Rizzuto flourished, expanding in to Ontario with Desjardins muscle (Fernandez). Then in the 2000's while in prison a member of Desjardins family was murdered and rumor on the street is Arcadi ordered it. This started the rift that is playing out the war today...