Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
That woman ran out on her kids. Not because of a demanding, husband, but because she didn't want to responsibility of raising her kids. That's disgraceful. Also when I was growing up, my dad worked and my mom was the stay at home. Not once did she ever complain about taking care of the house and my brothers, and she was a damn good mom, and I love her for what she did. Did that somehow make her inferior to my dad who worked his ass off to provide for everyone? No of course not. It also doesn't make my dad a slob who told my mother "to stifle herself" or "make me dinner". He was always there for me and my brothers. My mom chose to stay at home when she had me, though she had a career of her own at the time. My dad carried on with his company and became a success. It's just how it worked. It was an equal partnership plain and simple.

Not to say there aren't other families that have the opposite dynamic. One of my best friends had a stay at home and a working mother. It doesn't really matter in the long run. But you're notion of women still being mistreated heavily in this country is utter nonsense.

See, you make stuff up that I never said. That's a straw-man argument. I said look at the data provided by that article. It's not just that woman walking out. There are many. And she as well thinks that it could be because women do more the house chores on top of their jobs, so it gets to them.

I never said a woman who is a happy housewife is stupid or inferior. So not sure why are you trying to make up arguments for me and then refute your own made up argument. rolleyes If a woman is happy with staying at home dynamic, or doesn't mind doing the house work on top of her day job, so be it.

I said there are still plenty of women, who have to do all the work, because if they leave it to men, it probably never gets done. So they do it. Doesn't mean they are happy about it. Society blames them if the kids are not taken care of, if the house is messed up. It's expected of them to do it, even if they have a full time job. This is abusing women in my book.

And then you see people objecting to gay marriage because it further vanishes the gender roles. This is when it hits a nerve. Now, they don't want to see other men do house work or raise kids.

You come across to me as attacking anything that doesn't fit your world view. That makes you just as bad as the ultra conservatives you attack. I have the same problem at times. But to me what you're saying is that women in the United States are still in the same boat they were forty years ago. That's simply not true. And then you bash men (and women too I will add) who don't agree with you as "not walking the walk".

You know I support gay marriage, that won't vanish gender roles. But households today have the power to delegate who does what in the house. And since when does society blame women if the kids aren't taken care of or the house is messed up? I think it would be the father who would take the bad rap for that, especially if he walked out or is abusive.

As I've said before, you're stuck in the past fighting for a cause that doesn't need fighting for. You haven't spent enough here to really know how an American family works. Step back from your high horse for a second and see the other side of an issue.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone