Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011

As for Desjardins, he has a position in the mafia because his sister is Joe Di Maulo's wife. He is also rumored to be a made member even though not Italian, even though I don't know how true it is.

Great summary Dwalin, and good question about whether or not Desjardins is made. The Rizzuto's have worked with non-Italians for a long time, and I have wondered if they have elevated any of the non-Italians to "made status". It is impossible to know unless someone flips and tells us.

Originally Posted By: azguy
I doubt anyone in Canada is asking the Bonnanno's for permission about anything up there. It seems after George was killed the affiliation stopped being so friendly.

This is another questions that has me curious - what, if any, involvement do the Bonanno's have in Montreal. The whole Montagna thing makes one think that they were still involved. It also seems that since George was whacked, Montreal acted as its own family. My gut instinct is that the Bonanno's still had some minor involvement with the Rizzuto's, and when Montagna went to Montreal, the relations picked up. Now that Montagna is dead, my guess is there is little to no contact.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.