Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
... I personally don't want the notion of gender be cancelled in my family, and many people think like me. Distinguishing between a mother and a father is NOT discrimination. Not every difference involves discrimination. If you want to force YOUR ideals in the families of OTHER people, what's the difference between a religious bigot and you?

I mean, what horrified me in this article isn't something about homosexuals, but that they seem to want the genders to DISAPPEAR, not just to enjoy the same rights.

Yeah, house chores are horrifying. Raising children which is dumped completely on women, is horrifying. I mean, what man in his right mind wants to feed and cloth the children, cook, do the laundry, pay the bills, take children to school, take them to doctors, nurse them through sickness, prepare their lunch boxes, help them with homework, clean up after them ... and the list goes on and on. The result of these gender roles are mothers that either love their children and resent their husband, or are totally ready to walk out on all of them.

Gender roles are simply the sexist way of taking advantage of women, or the sexist way of looking at men, thinking that they are unable to do house chores or raise children. I think they are up to the task. Some just don't want to do it and hide behind the gender roles.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones