GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Toodoped, Captbony1999, 2 invisible), 671 guests, and 64 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,848
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,439
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,432
Posts1,060,867
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 29 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29
Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #714939
05/09/13 09:38 PM
05/09/13 09:38 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
FS, that's because murder rates overall have dropped. Even in places like NY City, the murder rate has been dropping every single year. However, as this chart shows, by far, guns were still responsible for the most deaths overall.

Edited to Add: The source for the chart is the Bureau of Justice

Last edited by Sicilian Babe; 05/09/13 09:41 PM.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Gun Control [Re: Dapper_Don] #714940
05/09/13 09:40 PM
05/09/13 09:40 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
As a society, we would be foolish to compare these vastly different apples to oranges. Now THAT would really create the mental block that is caused when people base their opinions on emotions.

like i said, i try and avoid the comparisions when i can, but if you look back through this thread, you will find both sides are guilty of this. what it boils down to me is this: guns are one of the ultimate symbols of freedom, and the regulation of them seems to go hand in hand with the regulation of our many other freedoms. i don't believe that the majority should pay for the misdeeds of the minority, nor do i believe that we should have people unfamiliar with weapons in general purposing or advocating restrictions for which they have little knowledge.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #714944
05/09/13 09:50 PM
05/09/13 09:50 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
that chart points out a few interesting points, and actually has a reliable source for its data. first, it lets us know that crime has been going down steadily. second, it makes it pretty clear that evil black rifles are not to blame for the majority of the murders. it also seems to tie into what i've been saying all along: drug related homicides have, and will continue to make up the majority of the gun related violence that we have and will experience, as evident by the sharp drop in violence once the crack epidemic slowed way down.

i have already voiced some of my suggestions to help lesson gun related crime here. we need to really look at a way to change our war on drugs, and cut all foreign aid until our own domestic problems can be addressed. we also need to look at ways to reduce all forms of violent crime/murder, not just gun related crime. equally important, we need to be aware that no matter what laws we implement, bad people will continue to do bad things, they need to be held accountable to the absolute highest degree!

Re: Gun Control [Re: Five_Felonies] #714945
05/09/13 09:51 PM
05/09/13 09:51 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Less guns = less homicides. Is that so hard to figure?

less swimming pools, less drownings. wink

Less Cars = Les Car Accidents

Les Gold = less $$

Les Paul = Made by Gibson

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Gun Control [Re: Dapper_Don] #714951
05/09/13 10:13 PM
05/09/13 10:13 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
I must say I am bit surprised this thread is 25 pages long and is still going...

Like the Energizer Bunny.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Gun Control [Re: SC] #714988
05/10/13 08:11 AM
05/10/13 08:11 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SC

You're gonna lose some followers if they have to do math here. whistle

So true and the anti gun people already have a hard time understanding the true answers, please don't make them do math. smile IT is their simple problem solving that is hard for anyone to accept.

Close stores- so there is nothing for the criminals to steal! lol

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #715015
05/10/13 11:56 AM
05/10/13 11:56 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

We can post on this thread until the cows come home and it is not going to make any difference. The fact of the matter is that there will be plenty of guns but in fewer and fewer hands. There will always be collectors, and there will always be people who want them for self protection, but the number of people who just go out to the range for the hell of it, and the number of people who hunt is diminishing, and I would be willing to bet that the number of people who do these things ages 30 and under is surprisingly low.

Also, regulation of weapons is going to happen. It is a question of time.

The staunch Second amendment people are going to die off, just as the racists and anti gay people will.

So listen, people...stop running around with your hair on fire. Things will work out for the better in time.

P.S. To answer FS' question. Yes as I kid I did dress up like a cowboy, and had a cap pistol or so. Also had a black cap pistol to play cops and robbers. Graduated to a bb gun and then pellett gun, then to a 22. Made Bar 2 as an NRA member when I was away at a summer camp for a couple of years. Also shot skeet and trap with shotguns and even hunted quail. Then I discovered women, got through puberty and lost all interest in having to compensate for small genetalia.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #715022
05/10/13 12:18 PM
05/10/13 12:18 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
thank god i've never been shot at, otherwise i might just bring outdated and silly sterotypes to the debate like DT does, what a joke! lol typical tactics of a liberal, equate whatever group that doesn't share you beliefs with the lowest common denominator. example: 2nd amendment supporters will die off like racists, anti-gays, and other terrible groups. all gun owners must have little dicks. that really gives your position tons of credibility wink

Re: Gun Control [Re: dontomasso] #715023
05/10/13 12:21 PM
05/10/13 12:21 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dontomasso

P.S. To answer FS' question. Yes as I kid I did dress up like a cowboy, and had a cap pistol or so. Also had a black cap pistol to play cops and robbers. Graduated to a bb gun and then pellett gun, then to a 22. Made Bar 2 as an NRA member when I was away at a summer camp for a couple of years. Also shot skeet and trap with shotguns and even hunted quail. Then I discovered women, got through puberty and lost all interest in having to compensate for small genetalia.

I now can understand you anger for all this...

It must be tuff to go around with small genetalia. It is good that you got over it and you don't let it bother you any longer!

Remember my friend it is not the size you have but rather if you know how to use it. What did the old story say: It is not the size of the ship, but the motion of the ocean, or something like that.

cool

Oh I forgot. Thanks for the answer..and of course for being so honest! So many men would never admitt to that.

Last edited by fathersson; 05/10/13 12:22 PM.

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Gun Control [Re: Five_Felonies] #715105
05/11/13 12:51 AM
05/11/13 12:51 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
the deeper that you dig into the issue, the more that you will find that the majority of people who defend their 2nd amendment right so vigorously are more concerned with the bigger issue at stake, government intervention/regulation. that is one of the biggest issues currently facing us in my opinion. it ties into most of the other major issues currently facing us, be it economic or foreign policies.

Government intervention and/or regulation is not a bad thing. Regulations are there to limit freedoms that harm others. It's one thing to live in a jungle, it's another when you choose to live in a civilized society. Remember that Texas fertilizer plant explosion? They had 1350 times more ammonium nitrate than regulations allow them to have. So that's Texas' lax regulations at work. Simply put, corporations and people just consider their own benefits, government should keep them in line to insure other people's rights and freedoms as well.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Gun Control [Re: Five_Felonies] #715109
05/11/13 01:09 AM
05/11/13 01:09 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

less swimming pools, less drownings. wink

Of course, that's why public swimming pools have to meet specific regulations, and private pools have to be protected by fences and such. I suppose if you have a swimming pool and you let the door open and a child gets drowned in your pool, you could be liable as well.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Gun Control [Re: Five_Felonies] #715168
05/11/13 02:03 PM
05/11/13 02:03 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
thank god i've never been shot at, otherwise i might just bring outdated and silly sterotypes to the debate like DT does, what a joke! lol typical tactics of a liberal, equate whatever group that doesn't share you beliefs with the lowest common denominator. example: 2nd amendment supporters will die off like racists, anti-gays, and other terrible groups. all gun owners must have little dicks. that really gives your position tons of credibility wink

If there is anything this world allows...it is to dream. Let them dream..it may just make them happy for a while.

Re: Gun Control [Re: afsaneh77] #715195
05/11/13 03:39 PM
05/11/13 03:39 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
the deeper that you dig into the issue, the more that you will find that the majority of people who defend their 2nd amendment right so vigorously are more concerned with the bigger issue at stake, government intervention/regulation. that is one of the biggest issues currently facing us in my opinion. it ties into most of the other major issues currently facing us, be it economic or foreign policies.

Government intervention and/or regulation is not a bad thing. Regulations are there to limit freedoms that harm others. It's one thing to live in a jungle, it's another when you choose to live in a civilized society. Remember that Texas fertilizer plant explosion? They had 1350 times more ammonium nitrate than regulations allow them to have. So that's Texas' lax regulations at work. Simply put, corporations and people just consider their own benefits, government should keep them in line to insure other people's rights and freedoms as well.

I agree, and the example you use of the Texas explosion is a good one. There was also the financial crisis, the oil spill in the gulf, etc.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #715463
05/13/13 12:40 PM
05/13/13 12:40 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #715472
05/13/13 12:59 PM
05/13/13 12:59 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Bang! This thread is dead.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

Re: Gun Control [Re: dontomasso] #715477
05/13/13 01:22 PM
05/13/13 01:22 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Bang! This thread is dead.

Just when you thought you were out, it drags you back in! lol

Last edited by fathersson; 05/13/13 01:22 PM.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Five_Felonies] #715483
05/13/13 01:28 PM
05/13/13 01:28 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY

You got that right FF. You wait and see if God forbid the Dems take over again what they will do with the gun issue. They will shove there agenda up our ass just like Obama care.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Gun Control [Re: Mignon] #715501
05/13/13 02:33 PM
05/13/13 02:33 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Mignon

You got that right FF. You wait and see if God forbid the Dems take over again what they will do with the gun issue. They will shove there agenda up our ass just like Obama care.

You wait and see what Obama Care does to this country. It will be a sad thing to see in the coming years!

Re: Gun Control [Re: pizzaboy] #715615
05/14/13 11:22 AM
05/14/13 11:22 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) -- State police have charged a 31-year-old Hudson Valley driver with a misdemeanor after he was pulled over and found with two more bullets in his handgun magazine than allowed under New York's new gun control law.

Troopers say Gregory Dean Jr. of Hopewell Junction was stopped for an inadequate light on his license plate about 9:45 p.m. Sunday in New Lebanon.

They say their investigation showed the semi-automatic on the passenger seat was a legally possessed but its magazine contained nine rounds, not seven as required since April 15.

Troopers say Dean was charged with aggravated unlicensed driving for a suspended license and unlawful possession of the ammunition feeder, both misdemeanors.

He's due in New Lebanon town court May 23.

A telephone listing for Dean was out of service Monday.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Mignon] #715620
05/14/13 11:31 AM
05/14/13 11:31 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Obamacare was shoved up our ass? Get your fadcts straight...oh I am sorry you are a right winger facts mean nothing to you. But here are the facts.

1. It passed the Senate.
2. It passed the House.
3. It was sgned into law by the president.
4. It was uphelp by the United States Supreme Court.

There is this document called the Constitution. In there it says thats how we pass laws in this country. Try reading it some time before you declare this process "shoving it up our ass."

Re: Gun Control [Re: dontomasso] #715626
05/14/13 11:41 AM
05/14/13 11:41 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

Obamacare was shoved up our ass? Get your fadcts straight...oh I am sorry you are a right winger facts mean nothing to you. But here are the facts.

1. It passed the Senate.
2. It passed the House.

There is this document called the Constitution. In there it says thats how we pass laws in this country. Try reading it some time before you declare this process "shoving it up our ass."

Your Right DT- 100% right...that is how they did it

but why the anger?

Re: Gun Control [Re: fathersson] #715629
05/14/13 11:44 AM
05/14/13 11:44 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: fathersson

1. It passed the Senate.
2. It passed the House.

but why the anger?

I am not angry. I just tend to be sarcastic with people who misstate the facts.

Re: Gun Control [Re: dontomasso] #715634
05/14/13 11:52 AM
05/14/13 11:52 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
My friend=- you need to use smileys more- smile

Re: Gun Control [Re: dontomasso] #715681
05/14/13 03:02 PM
05/14/13 03:02 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: fathersson

1. It passed the Senate.
2. It passed the House.

but why the anger?

I am not angry. I just tend to be sarcastic with people who misstate the facts.

But some of us Americans didn't want it. That's why I said it was shoved up our ass. DT you need to chill. Just because they passed it don't mean ALL Americans wanted it.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Mignon] #715770
05/15/13 10:29 AM
05/15/13 10:29 AM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Mig, you need to chill. Of course all Americans didnt want it. There is very little All Americans are for or against. Take civil rights in the '60's or minimum age in the '30's. The only thing on which there is a 90 % consensus is on gun registration, and the NRA and wingholes in congress stopped it.

Re: Gun Control [Re: dontomasso] #715772
05/15/13 10:38 AM
05/15/13 10:38 AM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
The only thing on which there is a 90 % consensus is on gun registration, and the NRA and wingholes in congress stopped it.

well, like everything else you have posted in this thread, this is incorrect. what you are referring to was the backround check provision, not registration, although you really can't have one without the other. still, i have yet to see anything other than some small biased study that even supports that whole bogus 90% claim, hell i haven't even seen the 90% study in the first place. much like any other political agenda, this talking point has just been repeated over and over again, and people are so ignorant that they just assume it as fact, well only the anti-gun crowd that is!

Re: Gun Control [Re: dontomasso] #715828
05/15/13 04:51 PM
05/15/13 04:51 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
and the NRA and wingholes in congress stopped it.

What's with the name calling? Just because someone don't agree with Obama and his agenda you have to call us names.

Re: Gun Control [Re: Mignon] #715949
05/16/13 02:44 PM
05/16/13 02:44 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

What's with the name calling? Just because someone don't agree with Obama and his agenda you have to call us names.

I don't agree with all of Obama's agenda, especially the trampling on the First Amendment, however I reserve the right to name call people who do not tell the truth when stating their points of view (I am not referring to you Mig... just some people in congress)

Re: Gun Control [Re: dontomasso] #715954
05/16/13 03:45 PM
05/16/13 03:45 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss

I don't agree with all of Obama's agenda, especially the trampling on the First Amendment, however I reserve the right to name call people who do not tell the truth when stating their points of view (I am not referring to you Mig... just some people in congress)

Now this is two threads in a row where your name calling has been pointed out....Maybe it is time for you to stay away from hot topics like Gun control and Gay anything! lol
( winghole?) lol

Re: Gun Control [Re: dontomasso] #715959
05/16/13 04:26 PM
05/16/13 04:26 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
The only thing on which there is a 90 % consensus is on gun registration...

I said in an earlier post that the reasons the Senate bill failed are ineffective leadership by Obama, and pervasive skepticism among Americans that Congress can fix anything, and/or growing distrust of government. That statistic is an example:

Sure, 90% of a few thousand people sampled told pollsters that they support expanded background checks. But even though the sample probably was statistically valid, it didn't translate into 90% of Americans willing to work to get the bill passed by forming groups, writing or personally lobbying Senators and Reps, etc. They didn't care enough. Conversely, just three days after the sequester started screwing up air travel, enough Americans rose up in protest so that funding was miraculously restored for air traffic control.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Page 26 of 29 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull