Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Originally Posted By: dontomasso

I don't know you, but I know you posted an illogical dichotomy that reveals your point of view.

My point of view is that allowing gay marriage and giving homosexuals the same rights as heterosexuals should theoretically be perfectly enough for people if they REALLY are ONLY about equality. But I personally don't want the notion of gender be cancelled in my family, and many people think like me. Distinguishing between a mother and a father is NOT discrimination. Not every difference involves discrimination. If you want to force YOUR ideals in the families of OTHER people, what's the difference between a religious bigot and you?

I mean, what horrified me in this article isn't something about homosexuals, but that they seem to want the genders to DISAPPEAR, not just to enjoy the same rights.

I agree with you on the abolition of gender... up to a point. Small things like calling someone a "chair" or "chairperson" instead of the traditional and out dated "chairman" is entirely appropriate. Whatever values you wish to instill in your family and in your personal life are entirely your business, and whether I or anyone agrees with you or not, is beside the point. In fact I would gladly fight for the rights of people with whom I completely disagree. There are always going to be extremes in social issues on both sides.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."