Originally Posted By: livelifenoregrets
Originally Posted By: carmela
Originally Posted By: Johnny_Pops
The article also indicates the hit was ordered by Vito because he was concerned Fernandez had switched sides with his enemies.

This seems the most plausible theory to me. Also, I've read in some Italian articles that Vito seemed upset with Fernandez for not seeking revenge when his son was killed, leading more to the theory that Fernandez was no longer loyal to Rizzuto.

I don't think its because of his son being murdered. If that was the case then Rizzuto has a couple of hundred guys to take out?...What happen to Arcadi? Sollecito? Cotronis? Commissos?[BadWord]? Carunas? All his former allies...Nobody retaliated or so it seems. We still don't really know who is on what side so its hard to say if there was retaliation or not thus far. Bravo as well as Vito's closest MTL allies were in jail when it happen and then Bravo was deported so I question his ability to really make retaliation happen.

I read it here as well as a couple other places, but you could be right.

http://antimafiaduemila.com/201305104279...i-due-boss.html

edit: also worth noting, toward the end of the article it states, a murder like this in Sicily done as a "favor" to Rizzuto, could not have been done if not sanctioned by Bagheria families as well as Matteo Messina Denaro. This is their territory, not Rizzuto territory.

Last edited by carmela; 05/10/13 02:34 PM.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.