Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Please not Hillary. My sister in law LOVES her, and that is reason enough for me not want her running. Besides she's too old. We need fresh blood in the Good Ole Boy-Girl politics. The Repubs have to reinvent themselves and the Dems have to stay a step ahead. In either case, we taxpaying schmucks will be stuck with some partisan asshole.

Amen to that, MC. She'll be almost 70 by 2016. If you're a hard core lefty who mocked Bob Dole back in '96 for his age, then you can't have it both ways (and for the record, I mocked Dole, too).

She'll be too old and out of touch. I'd like to see a candidate in his/her late 40's or early 50's. Besides, who wants to go back? The Clintons had their day, and it's time to move forward. But there's no doubt in my mind that she'll get the Democratic nomination if and when she decides to run. I respect what she's accomplished, but I won't vote for her because I'm over the Clintons and their sense of entitlement. And like I said, they represent the past, not the future.

If Christie gets the nomination, I'll hold my nose and vote for him. If a Tea Partier gets the nomination, I'll throw a vote away on a Ralph Nader/Ross Perot type who can't win. Because I'd no sooner vote for a Tea Partier than for Hillary.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.