We can post on this thread until the cows come home and it is not going to make any difference. The fact of the matter is that there will be plenty of guns but in fewer and fewer hands. There will always be collectors, and there will always be people who want them for self protection, but the number of people who just go out to the range for the hell of it, and the number of people who hunt is diminishing, and I would be willing to bet that the number of people who do these things ages 30 and under is surprisingly low.

Also, regulation of weapons is going to happen. It is a question of time.

The staunch Second amendment people are going to die off, just as the racists and anti gay people will.

So listen, people...stop running around with your hair on fire. Things will work out for the better in time.

P.S. To answer FS' question. Yes as I kid I did dress up like a cowboy, and had a cap pistol or so. Also had a black cap pistol to play cops and robbers. Graduated to a bb gun and then pellett gun, then to a 22. Made Bar 2 as an NRA member when I was away at a summer camp for a couple of years. Also shot skeet and trap with shotguns and even hunted quail. Then I discovered women, got through puberty and lost all interest in having to compensate for small genetalia.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."