Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Baggins:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick: A Republican talking about something he hasn't researched and knows nothing about. :rolleyes: Who would've thought? :rolleyes: Why do Cubans flee each year? Because they're the ones that DO have it bad, but DON'T rebel because there are too many people who still LOVE Castro for what he has done. Disagreement with the government isn't tolerated? Wow, you know, it's usually not if a country is communist. :rolleyes: Oppressed his own people?! He freed them from Batista, who is 50 times more worse then Castro himself! -Pat
Oh good God. Are you insane? I'm not the one who didn't research Pat, I asked you to post sources to back up your claim that the poverty level was lower under Castro than under Batista because I DID research this. I looked economic statistics on Cuba specifically to find if your claim was correct. I found nothing to support what you said, so I asked for sources. Surprisingly, I actually do research things before I reply to them in threads, and I suggest you should do the same. You have no evidence that there are people that "love" Castro, and judging by the thousands of people that attempt to leave Cuba each year, I'd say he is generally hated, as most dictators are. Why you attempt to defend a murderous, repressive, communist dictator is a mystery to me, especially since you have no evidence to back up any of your claims. [/QB][/quote]Although I never finished reading it after school let out. This is/was my source:

It's a book that tells you the passion Castro had to fix that country up. And I apologize for my Republican remarks, but anyone who talks ALL negatively about that guy obviously has learned it from a totally biased source. Like I said, I don't think the guy should be considered a hero, but he's certainly not as bad as cut out to be. -Pat

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur