Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Well there we run into a problem as well. All depends of you believe the earth is 6000 years old as opposed to 2.5 billion. I personally don't believe that Adam and eve were the beginning nor do I believe that they even existed. To me they represent metaphors that early Christians wanted to convey. Evidence suggests human civilization (Egyptians, mesopotamians, Indus valley, china) existed thousands of years before the bible says the world began.

Then again that's not what this thread is about. Excuse me for getting off topic

For the record, despite the misunderstandings of many Christians about their own Bible, or the secular crowd who understands it even less, the original Hebrew word for "day" meant a "season" or "period of time." Not necessarily a literal 24 hours. So, to use that assumption as a reason to waive off the Bible doesn't really hold water.

And, once again, some ancient civilizations practicing gay marriage is hardly an argument to do the same today. Some ancient civilizations also practiced crucifixion.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.