Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
I'm certainly not up on Cuban politics, but it would seem to me that either Castro is doing something right, or he has a real strangle hold on the whole island. How long has he been in power? 40+ years. Is there any country any where in the world that has had the same ruler for that long? A handful at best. All the other "Communist" dictators have been deposed or their countries restructured.
The people in that country are scared of Castro and the power that he has over them. They haven't had the balls to rebell. Those that dispise him decide to take refuge in America.

I am a Cuban AMerican. Everyday I talk to my Grandmother, who after being married to a Marine for several years in the United States, went back to Cuba to see her father who was dying. She lived through Castro's revolution. There we're gunfights in the hills of Cuba for over a year. The people thought he'd be beter than Bautista, but he would become a monster.

My grandmother had to come to AMerica without a husband, with two childeren (Ages 11 and 9) because Castro (The Not So Bad Guy) had launched Cuba into turmoil.

Madness! Madness!
- Major Clipton
The Bridge On The River Kwai

GOLD - GOLD - GOLD - GOLD. Bright and Yellow, Hard and Cold, Molten, Graven, Hammered, Rolled, Hard to Get and Light to Hold; Stolen, Borrowed, Squandered - Doled.
- Greed

Nothing Is Written
Lawrence Of Arabia