Blue Velvet, due to its ambiguity (it is essentially an art film) and out-right Lynchian bizarreness, requires several viewings to both appreciate and understand it. I wouldn't have been able to write this review with much conviction had I not watched it twice last week in preparation, with note-taking, analysis, and rewinding back and forth to understand plot holes.

Mulholland Dr. is, I hear, a very complex movie. Lost Highway, the newest Lynch film I've seen, is by far the most disturbing and complex of his movies.

Twin Peaks, his feature length pilot and the subsequent TV show, is arguably his most accessible material, with excellent, multi-layered plots, great acting, a high dose of panache, and a haunting soundtrack (by Badalementi). For those of you who haven't already, check it out--it is Lynch at his most quintessential and most enjoyable.

Eraserhead, his first feature, and The Grandmother (an early short) are also recommended, albeit both have an acquired, Lynch-fan-only taste.

I must see Fire Walk With Me, the prequel to Twin Peaks, despite the negative reviews, and Wild At Heat (also with Velvet's Laura Dern, and Nicholas Cage).

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?