Originally Posted By: carmela

I know you long enough and well enough to know your feelings on the mafia and them being brought to justice and all that, I just think saying it was one of the happiest days of your life when he got 24 years (although never served) is a bit odd.

Maybe you are right, it's just that to me he was more of a symbol than a person. I mean, it seems no other single mafioso in Italian history had the same degree of power (maybe Licio Gelli also, but he wasn't a Cosa Nostra member). Good people are dying, often violent deaths, and Andreotti continued to live and grasp for power at an age when he should have rather played with his great-great-grandchildren. Also, it's annoying that, when such criminal politicians die, many people express their condolences and wish them to rest in peace instead of just forgetting about them like about toxic waste that disappears into a dumping ground.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."