Originally Posted By: Danito
Originally Posted By: fathersson
because I do know the truth

This is the attitude where generally a discussion stops. If I'm not ready to change my mind, why should I enter such a discussion.
We all know that the topic here is so complex, because it includes facts and emotions. There are no simple truth. This is not two plus two.
I, for example, am pretty much convinced about my point of view on this matter. Still, I want to understand, why it is that people in the US love their guns so much that this love is stronger that they are willing to take chances.

But I heard the "I know the truth" attitude for decades. You know where? In communist East Germany. And I think Afsaneh also comes across this attitude in her everyday life...

Attitude, You wory about that..... sure, we may SEEM to give it..when PEOPLE DON"T LISTEN or come back with emotions for reasons instead of facts....
....after we explain things ten times.
Lets make this clear here --- EMOTIONS shouldn't be reasons for making new laws.

You know what I see: a group of people who almost demand that gun owners explain why they should have the right to keep/own and use their guns. We should answer and explain EVERY (sometimes dumb) reason or emotion they come across with, Yet the major reason for them is- GUNS KILL PEOPLE- that is why.
AND yes, bad people do use them for bad things. We know that. BUT, that is no reasion for others to lose their rights to them or jump thru more hoops to make other peoples happy. ENFORCE the laws that we already have, which they haven't done.

You don't see people going after Govt. to enforce those laws do you....put the blame where it belongs with the criminals, chase them down, Gangs, Drug Dealers, Muggers, Home Invadors and any other person who commits crimes with a gun or other weapons. Make their sentenses so hard and long that they never see the outside instead of a revoling door.

They yelled out for a vote...showed little kids and used them as a center peice of emotion that couldn't be argued with...we deserve a vote- They got their vote they went down and they didn't like the outcome.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!