Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Can anyone explain to me why Realestate is so damn expensive in little Italy and the village? Or New York and the northeast in general? North end Boston is super expensive as well

It's a trend. The Hollywood types have really made lower Manhattan jump in price this past five or so years. More tv shows are being filmed here than ever before. It's a supply and demand thing.

I just feel sorry for people who have lived in a neighborhood all their lives, who get priced out, all to make room for a twat like Lindsay fucking Lohan. And I'm just using that particular twat as an example. It could be any one of them.

I own property in three boroughs, Manhattan among them. My property on West 8th Street is my pride and joy. It belonged to my aunt and uncle for many years, and I'll never sell it. Ever. But I try to at least be reasonable with the rentals. I'd much rather rent to three NYU kids than some hipster writer schmuck with televison aspirations rolleyes.

I tell you what when I was deciding what college to go to i was accepted to Suffolk which is in the right in the middle of downtown Boston. They only offered one year of guaranteed housing. So we were looking at places in the north end and the shopping district. We could not find a place cheap enough to stay all three years, not even with a roommate. North end is fun: great food, shops, entertainment, and plenty of Italians still live there but to live there as college student you gotta get a job or something because rent is only going up.

That in a nutshell is why I decided to go to Lasell instead haha

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone