people only like to use the car comparisions when it suites them, but as soon as you bring up the number of deaths caused by auto accidents, then they are two different things and shouldn't be compared! whistle does anybody with a right mind really believe that the extremely stringent "tests" that are required to operate a car really make the roads much safer? as far as the number of deaths from guns, please keep in mind that suicides make up a huge % of that number. you also have to factor in all shootings involving law enforcement.

as for the bombing, it almost seems to me to be a means of defense that people have to tragic situations, almost a form of self protection in the face of terrible things to chalk it up to just a crazy person. with guns, many seem to take the opposite stance, and insist that a new law, restriction, whatever, would have prevented it. both situations are the result of the same condition, unpredictable craziness that is sadly a part of society that can't be wiped away with the stroke of a pen.

there are also many who seem to think that stating guns are dangerous is some sort of trump card to their argument. we get it, they are dangerous, but the mind is far more. yes, they can be an easy way to kill, but you can also look at it on the flip side. generally speaking, someone planning a bombing has to go into a much greater deal of planning, which might lead to something even worse. take the recent bombing for example: we really dodged a bullet with this one. i'm no expert on bombs, nor do i or any of us have all of the details, but this could have been 10x worse if the bomb might have gone off a few seconds/minutes sooner or later.

the point is, as this example shows, that no matter what feel good controls we try to place on guns or any other dangerous things, as far as nutjobs are concerned where there is a will there is a way. technology is at everyone's fingertips, and that combined with the adaptive nature of humans for both good and bad can and will lead to horrible acts no matter what.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!