Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Again ivy I'm not a "lib" so don't put me under that label. Yes I support gay marriage but I've stated before people don't have to accept it. I disagreed with the Massachusetts board of education on that recent ruling they had in order not to discriminate against transgender kids. That was going too far.

You may think they were going too far but that's the result of the very thing you support in the first place - gay marriage. It really is a slippery slope, as cliche as that may sound. And it's only going to get worse. Even to the point, as I've now said many times, where you and other gay marriage supporters here will be saying what I and others are now.

Quote:
My basic point is that I suppport gay marriage. Doesn't mean everyone has to accept it, but I absolutely hate it when people slam gays as "disgusting, sinful, or degenerate" thats when I get a little angry.

"Disgusting" - I assume you're a straight guy. And as such, it's pretty much impossible that you don't find homosexual behavior disgusting. Even Dr. Drew said that. You may not say it, in order to be polite, but there's no denying that's the natural reaction of any straight male.

"Degenerate" - Homosexuality certainly meets the definition, as it does not have the qualities traditionally considered normal or desirable by most.

"Sinful" - Well, the scriptures are pretty clear on this. But even if one chooses to reject the scriptures, at their own peril I might add, see the descriptions above.

By the way, you say that not everybody "has to accept it" but, for instance, California voters certainly are being made to. They voted twice on this issue, only to have their votes negated by a gay judge.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 05/03/13 06:50 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.