Tho I gotta say I've not seen many of his recent films (honestly many don't appeal to me), but I loved Sly right from Rocky (btw, I credit The Italian Stallion with my variation of my GF BB name) wink

While I loved Rocky, I find the Rambo films appeal to me more. I agree with SB, Sly is actually very intelligent. I always looked forward to seeing him when he was on Johnny Carson because not only is he down to earth, he's got a great sense of humor too. Worst actor of the Century? NO way IMHO

Then again, like Oli says, he is a paisan. smile

One more story I know I've mentioned before. Many years ago (15/20) a co-worker's husband did some cement/pool work at Sly's Beverly Hills home. (Damn was I jealous). Anyway,long story short. He told Sly that his wife worked with a huge fan AND that she was Italian too. LOL What I found to be incredibly sweet is, he went in the house got an 8X10 Rambo pics (must have them handy?) lol Anyway, he autographed it "To my Spaghetti Sister, Love Sly" smile So yea, I say he's down to earth and even tho I don't see many of his movies anymore, I still like him. Never met him but have his autograph.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 05/01/13 10:15 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon