Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
This is different than some story you have about a gun show that did check your background.

laws are different from state to state, and you shouldn't just dismiss somebody's real-world experience because it bothers you. there are a few people in this thread who seem almost blind, and unwilling to learn anything that they disagree with. i've posed this question to you before, but much like anything that you disagree with, you choose to ignore it. here it is again: how many gun shows have you been to? are you familiar with the format, because it sure doesn't seem like it.

i have been to a few, and from my real-world experience, not what tv tells me, this is the general setup: its basically just a series of booths set up by both firearms manufactures and as well as distributors, like local gunshops and websites. both of these groups are required to have an ffl, and thus, are required to do a backround check on all firearms purchases. now, depending on state law, private sales may go down, and they do, but its pretty rare, and they are usually discouraged. its no different than any other private sale in a state in which those sales are already allowed. also, i've addressed the internet sales many times in this thread, but many of you still seem to be sure that you can just buy a weapon no questions asked and have it shipped to your house.

its all not even really worth arguing about for the simple fact that the legislation is dead in the water, and its unlikely to see the light of day for some time. blame it on the evil bloodthirsty nra all you want, but they speak for millions of law abiding americans, despite what some silly poll of a few thousand people might have you believe. the nra does alot of good, they are one of the biggest proponents and financial supporter of firearms safety classes that so many people seem to advocate. if you guys despise the nra so much, the simple solution is to donate some of your own money to the brady campaign or the wet dream organisation of that silly authoritarian dope from nyc, mayors against illegal(all) guns.

Five, you have shown more then once that you know what you are talking about. Great job TRYING to talk about these things in a calm and factual manner.

I am afraid that you are wasting your time with some on here who know very little and are just looking to puff you with dumb statements and personal opinions which are not backed by real facts but by personal feeling.

It seems like we are going around and around on the same facts, with people who bring up the same lame points over and over again...never reading your answers. Then trying weird logic to justify their points. Picking at ever word and twisting things from white to black when someone misstates something.

Giving up millions and millions of great Gun owners rights because of as few bad apples or events.
Major experts have told the public what the real facts are on these issues, but it falls upon deaf ears and closed minds.

Facts, real facts by people who know something, not some trumped up facts. Polls that don't factor in populations and amount of gun ownsership is so misleading. Sure lets load up all the countries that have no guns allowed like the UK and small poor nations with people who don't have crap.
Means nothing unless you like what they say. Compare apples to apples would help more.

Anyway- Five great Job!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!