Originally Posted By: olivant
What happened in Nazi Germany?

the nazi's systematically disarmed an entire race of people and then wiped them out. more than likely it would have happened either way, but at the very least the jews would have been able to take some of them down with them. i'm not going to argue that that's the path that we are going down now, but the gun control argument is the best case imo for the whole "slippery slope" argument. with regards to the gun control debate, that AA saying always rings true with me, no matter what side you are on:"one is way too many, 1000 is never enough." no matter how much all forms of violent crime has fallen, 49% according to the fbi over the last 20 years, there is a certain segment of the population who will never be satisfied with the amount of restrictions, until all of the legal guns are gone.

the reasons for this are many, but a common theme seems to be a lack of education about firearms and the current restrictions already in place, and just not liking guns period. it boggles my mind why someone whouldn't want to have a means of protection independent from the police for themselves and their families these days, just in case. to each his own, but just remember that however unlikely, bad things happen to good people, and it often takes more than a sharp wit to get yourself out of the situation. thank god we still live in a country where people are allowed the common-sense right to self-defense, and i will make full use of mine, thank you!

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!