Originally Posted By: bigboy
I think that what the NRA and many gun owners don't like about the "Universal" background checks and stricter control is that we don't want the Government to create a database so that at some time in the future they could come confiscate our guns like in nazi Germany. IN THE MILIARY we were told that one reason enemies were afraid to invade USA is because of the privately held guns. I have had a CC license for 45 years both in NY and NC. I just went to renew it and had to complete a lengthy series of forms and will once again be investigated. Not long ago I bought a shotgun at the dreaded gun show and guess what? my background was checked. All they need to do is enforce the existing laws and start cracking down on thugs via stop and frisk. They are afraid of Attorneys and afraid to enforce the law because the police are handcuffed by politicians, the aclu and others. Just my opinion

Since the [proposed legislation makes it a felony to create a database, I guess you dont have a problem then.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."