Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
guns are a fantastic way to enjoy the outdoors, a great way to blow off steam, an effective tool for self defense, and an enjoyable item for many to collect, and a great investment on top of everything. the same problems we have in the gun control debate are the same problems that have shown up in this thread. the people who don't own weapons, and have little to no experience with them, are the same people always calling for more restrictions based on nothing more than emotion, a lack of knowledge, and a biased media agenda.

where i live, its expensive and impractical to go shooting as much as i would like, but i still try to get out there and enjoy it as much as i'm able to. i've brought along some friends who aren't too fond of guns, or just never really gave them a second thought before, and they all had a great time, and really started looking at the issue in a whole different way, and this is after shooting only a few dozen rounds, sometimes less! cool

It's not that I've not gone shooting. I shot a couple of times at my brother in law's house. I shot a coin roughly size of a dollar coin from the other end of the yard. 35-40 feet roughly. And I did it the first time. It just needs a steady hand, good eyesight and as Jon Stewart said, "a finger." lol So what? It was not my cup of tea. I could see people enjoying shooting, as I have interests that many don't share.

Still I want to hear why NRA does everything to prevent a database of weapons and sales. As I said, everyone still drives a car, though it's heavily regulated, and bear in mind that cars are not primarily for killing. Guns are for killing when all is said and done. So what's the problem with regulating guns?

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones