This thread is a misnomer, and is just the kind of misdirection the NRA wants. No one in his right mind is for "gun control" per se. The Supreme Court has ruled (wrongly IMHO but ruled nonetheless) that every citizen has the right to bear arms....BUT with certain limitations. Convicted felons, crazy people, etc. do NOT have this right. FS., Mig, you seem like reasonable people, who I assume have no criminal weapons...so by all means go out there and buy whatever you want. You can have a whole warehouse full of guns. I do not care. I do not want to control your right to have as many arms as you want to have. No one should. It is your business. Period.

The debate is not about whether or not we can control guns. We can... up to a point. The debate is over how we allow the distribution of guns, and whether or not safeguards can be put into place to help....I do not say insure...that some guns do not get into the wrong hands. If one cop is saved a year by such measures as closing the gun show loophole, who in his right mind could oppose this?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."