Like I have said before in other topics created. Why must people always go to the extremes when talking about the Mafia, it's power and the men who make it up. People either seem to think the Mafia has to be mighty powerful, like it's and all knowing phenomenon. Either that, or it just doesn't exist any more and it's as about as powerful as a street gang. Can't people just accept, the truth lies In between!

Sure, some of the new modern age gangsters don't compare to the more old school disciplined one's. That doesn't mean however guys with an old school approach don't exist any more, it doesn't mean that the Mafia is made up of violent, degenerate kids either. The truth is, The Mafia isn't all powerful anymore, but it isn't dead, it's about as powerful as any other criminal organization in the US today,some say it's still at the top, however that doesn't mean it's as powerful as it once was. which still means a big something.

It's the same with the guys who make it up, some are old school, they care more about the values, some guys just care about money and don't care who they betray. And that applies to pretty much anyone in the modern world today whether they be criminals or legitimate businessmen.

Personally, to answer your question, I think the old school guys are the best type. Sure, money is the most important thing but at least they have some sort of "Honor" (and in the way they mean it) to not rat on their friends have some sort of moral code. That's just me though, I like to think you can trust on your friends and associates and everyone else in the world can fuck off because lets be honest, you don't give a shit about them, and they probably don't give two shits about you...

Tony Soprano : I thought I told you to back off Beansie!

Richie Aprile : I did, Then I put it in drive..