A comment on the Mad Men thread inspired this thread. What are your thoughts on fashion past/present. What did you like, not like. Anything you wish would come back or go away for that matter. lol I'll start with a couple examples.

For me, 60s/70s styles stand out most. The first thing that comes to mind of fashion past is the Bell bottoms. OMG, the wider the bell, the cooler it was. lol Problem was, for me anyway, that I am so short, I'd have to have mine hemmed considerably, cutting of the largest part of the bell. ohwell

I use to love (and still do, tho I don't get so dressed up anymore that often) are the shoes with the thick high heel (I think we called them clogs). Again, because I am short, I love that they give me height(powerful feeling LOL). I am glad that they are still in style without much of a change IMHO.

When I was a kid or young girl only older people (moms) wore what we called "pedal pushers". I'd never be seen dead in them back in the day. NOW they have capris which are basically the same thing and they are perfect when it's not too hot but to warm to wear jeans.

Ok, so maybe men won't care for this thread so much. lol But anyone feel free to chime in.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon