Originally Posted By: Camarel
Originally Posted By: jace
I love the historical aspect of the show. I watched it at a friends other day, and her mother was discussing the show with us. She said a few things were off, on that bothered her was the Marylyn Monroe death episode. She said women of that era were not crying when news broke, as was portrayed on show.

I love the way the hairstyles of some main characters changed since last season!

I've got no idea what the 60's where like of course but i always found that part ridiculous as well as the part where all woman dressed as either Marilyn or Jackie Kennedy.

I can't say EVERY woman dressed like Jackie BUT she definitely was a trend setter with her hair styles, and remember the pill box hat which is automatically associated with Jackie. I was very young at the time but Jackie was absolutely a fashionesta of her time. Even then I'd look forward to seeing what she was wearing. smile I imagine part of the appeal was also the fact that we had never had such a young family in the White House.

As far as Marylin, I remember being at a family reunion picnic when we heard of Marylin's death. I can't say anyone was crying, but it was very shocking.

Another Mad Man scene I can relate to is the one where Don and his business partner went to the Rolling Stones concert. Two young girls offered them a joint right there in the lobby/hallway. NOT uncommon back then. I remember once going to a concert at the Detroit Fair Grounds (unfortunately NOT the Stones). As we were walking in the gate you'd hear various people saying kind of quietly, "Weed, Reds," etc. I was kind of amazed it was so blatant.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 04/24/13 12:37 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon