Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Oh yeah? What makes you so sure you know? Seriously, I admit I don't know what happens to us after we die. But why get on a damn high horse and preach to "know the way"? Faith is one thing but the only people who really if there is an afterlife can't come back to tell us or if the true religion is whatever one we've made up in our 100,000 year existence. Fact is you can't know and no one does.

Whoa, back up. Who's preaching about "knowing the way" here? I haven't gone into any detail about anything because it wouldn't do any good here. I'm simply saying that, just because you don't know, doesn't mean nobody does. And saying that isn't getting on a "high horse."I

"The nonspeculative nature of the Christian faith makes it unpalatable to many whose lives are thoroughly grounded in philosophical conjecture."

My apologies if I seemed too hostile. You seemed to imply that you knew what happened after we die. It you look at the book of Mormon thread you'll see a point I made about Mormonism being a hard religion to swallow for most people. Christianity is like that for a lot of people as well. Doesn't mean they're wrong it's just what they believe. I think that bothers a lot of Evangelicals and conservative Christians, especially ones I've been around

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone