To our legal experts:

I understand that the bomber suspect was not read his miranda rights because of an exception of "public safety." As I understand it, he can only be asked certain questions about the possibility of more bombs/danger to America, correct? AND, I heard earlier today that anything he tells the FBI during this period can not be used against him? Is that correct?

Also, please clarify....in GENERAL, if a person who is NOT a citizen gets arrested in the U.S. does the Miranda rights NOT apply to he/she? In other words is our law only for American citizens. The media makes it very confusing but I am guessing that anyone in the U.S. that's arrested would have his/her rights read no??? confused

Btw, how nice to get legal info from our experts here on the BB and NOT pay an arm, a leg, and a first born. lol

Thanks

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon