Originally Posted By: afsenah77
I don't think the burden is on God, remember, I don't believe in God. I said once and I say again, if I'm the one that claims there's something and then expect everyone to believe in that, it's I who has to prove such a thing exists before expecting others to take me and what I say seriously. I don't care if each and everyone in the planet say it is so. Saying doesn't prove much. I need tangible evidence.

You are trying to say that this apparent design and complexity in world needs a creator. I respectfully disagree. As for the movements of planets, you could see once in a while a stray asteroid colliding with another body. Things are in sync till they aren't. Once they are not, they either concur and bring about a new world order, or go extinct. Same goes for creatures that are born everyday. There were once dinosaurs, but then the earth's order changed and they couldn't cope or change their environment and went extinct. Or look at a kid that's born with two heads, there's no design in that. It's as random as a coin toss. Either it works with this order, or changes the order in its favor, or goes extinct. There's nothing smart about this design that make me think there's a creator. A million other people could've been born instead of me to my parents. I don't consider me being here a divine intervention. To me, it's a random incident. So is this world.

This is part of your problem. You say if God doesn't prove Himself to you in just a certain way, you won't believe. You narrow the goal posts so much as to basically excuse yourself and your disbelief because you know it won't happen like that.

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Whoa! The bible's restrictions on diet were abolished by Christ? I think not. The Last Supper was a Passover Seder complete with the unleavened bread still used at communion.

The bible forbids the eating of pork, shellfish and it prohibits having a glass of milk with meat on the side. The New Testament never did away with that.

I mean show me in the gospels where it says "This is the New ovenant. Go have a ham sandwich."

The coming of Christ fulfilled certain requirements in the Law of Moses, including all the dietary ones. Many of the strict day-to-day things in the Mosaic Law were given as a lesser law to the Israelites after they had rejected the higher law (which Christ later brought) during the golden calf incident.

Christ participated in the passover, which had always been a type of His eventual sacrifice. But what did He do immediately after that? He introduced the sacrament. Once the sacrifice of the true Lamb of God was complete, there was no need for passover anymore. From then on, the observance of His atonement would be through the sacrament.

Originally Posted By: ht2
Read the book of Acts chapter 15, especially the Jerusalem Council letter to gentile churches. I'm not sure if you're being facetious or not but if you read the letter, there's restriction on food sacrificed to idols, blood, and meat from strangled animals. These were the only restrictions on food.

Yup. This is what I'm talking about. If people don't want to believe in the Bible, that's one thing. But it gets really old when these non-believers attempt to discredit the Bible by misquoting or misinterpreting it. The vast majority of them have never read it, let alone even have the most basic understanding of it. They simply have heard certain anti-Bible talking points from other non-believers and they regurgitate those.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.