where does this 90% come from? i realize its a poll, but how many people were questioned, and from what areas? i don't ever put much stock in these types of polls, no matter what the issue, because you can ask almost whatever question you want and get the results that you are looking for, especially if only a small fraction of the population is questioned.

as far as the "gun show loophole", again, it relies on people being ill-informed and just defaulting to whatever narrative the media presents to them. how many here have actually ever been to a gun show? judging by the info being presented, i'm guessing not many.

gun shows vary state by state, but no matter which state you attend a show in the format is pretty much the same. its not some flea market of private sellers, but rather booths set up by manufactures and retailers, who are REQUIRED to have an ffl, and a backround check is required for all sales. again, don't take my word for it, look it up. private sales can be made, but they are between private sellers, no different than any other transaction in a state where it is legal. most shows strongly discourage these sales, and i know that in some states, checks are done at a booth, and the recipient of the check is given a bacelet, verifying that he went through the check. not foolproof, but a world away from the views of some who just assume its as easy as buying a bag of dog food.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!