Michael was a control freak who found fault with everyone except himself. even before he got "into" the family business, listen to the way he says "yes sir" to Sonny who has to be reminded that it would be inappropriate for Michael to go and check out Luca's place, and then Sonny tells him to be a big help aroung the house. The same goes for his "I wont panic" line when he is talkng to Sonny on the telephone from the hospital.

I am sure he resented Tom because he was not Sicilian, but as I have posted elsewhere I think he was always looking to have some contentiousness with Tom because he was jealous of him..."You talk to MY father about MY future?"...and his relationship with Vito.

If he blamed Tom for Sonny's death, it was blame misplaced. Sonny's temper got the better of him, and Barzini knew this would happen when he set the trap for him by having Carlo beat Connie up. Tom tried to stop Sonny, but there was no stopping him.

No...Michael didn't have nice thoughts about anyone except, perhaps, Mary, and look how that worked out, and for Don Tomassino (see my other thread).

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."