Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Dwalin2011, morality is a good thing, but pragmatism is much better.
By legalizing prostitution are removed the girls from the streets, removing a racket criminal organizations, same thing for gambling, and the legalization of soft drugs. So the state can get more money by taxing these activities so-called'' vicious''. And lower the taxes imposed on all citizens without distinction. Then if anyone is puritan, may very well,don't fuck with the whores ,don't gamble, don't drink alcohol or coffee.

But what's the point of taking rackets away from crime if we legalize most of them? If we legalize drugs, prostitution and gambling, then what remains apart from murder? Fraud and extortion? I don't think that legalizing things that are immoral and can lead to people's deaths like drugs just to fight financial crimes is worth it.
And cocaine isn't exactly a "soft" drug.

By the way, what's wrong with coffee? I don't drink it, but not because I think it's immoral, I just don't like the taste.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 04/13/13 07:25 AM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."