The only person who deserves blame is Zimmmerman.
Reluctantly I agree with FS on one point, namely the role of the media in legal proceedings. What these windbags don't get is what a jury sees and hears in a courtroom is regulated by the Rules of Evidence, and often the discretion of the trial judge who interprets these rules. Juries don't hear all the wild speculation in which the media engages, and accordingly people are apt to judge defendants based on what they see on television rather than what goes on in the courtroom. Having watched a lot of the Casey Anthony trial, I was not as surprised of the verdict as most. Do I think she did it? Sure. Does that opinion anount to a hill of beans? No.

IMHO the prosecution dropped the ball big time in that case, and based on what was presented to the jury, there was plenty of room for "reasonable doubt." LIKE O.J. and others, the media convicted these people and the general population was shocked when the media was wrong.

In this Zimmerman case, I think he is guilty, but again I am not going to be on that jury and I have no idea what will come into evidence.

That said I think the "stand your ground" law is one of the stupidest pieces of legislation ever passed. Of course based on what I am seeing from republican legislatures around the country this year, it will be surpassed by sstupidity sooner than later.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."