Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
By the way, did Bellomo really beat 2 lie detector tests when asked about the murders? But if he was telling the truth, does that mean they didn't even care about asking his permission to kill those guys?

Also, Pizzaboy, I remember in another thread you said about the Coppola disappearance that if he is really dead, then it was probably Leonard Simon who had Coppola killed, not Barney, but wouldn't it have been too dangerous for him to kill a capo without asking the bosses' permission?

Okay, once, for all, and for all time. Then I'm really not going into this again.

Why would they ask Barney's permission?

Farby was the acting boss when Ralphie got hit. End of story. Chin was still the official, but Farby had the final say on the street. That's protocol. They didn't have to ask Barney's permission for anything. That's the street.

One of Farby and Ralphie's mutual partners got in Farby's ear and got permission to take Ralphie out. Farby may have had to get the nod from Chin (not sure either way), but no one else. And that was that. End of story.

Barney just had to eat it. Him and Ralph were the kind of friends that went "from the womb to the tomb." Closer than brothers. Barney wouldn't have killed him even if he was robbing him (and I never believed that anyway).

Barney NEVER would have given his permission if he was asked. But he wasn't asked. And even if Barney wanted to make a beef when he got home, Farby was already dead from cancer by that time. Not that Barney would have beefed. He knows the rules and respects them. He's old school.

Okay, now I'm done.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.