Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Ivy you've really gone to another level of arrogance here. No disrespect, but you're forgetting a majority of what people say on this subject is opinion. It's an extremely touchy subject, but you have to respect that many people don't give a damn about religion in any form or the bible or the commandments of God. Doesn't make them "evil" or a "secular liberal" it's just what they believe to be true. And just because it's not what YOU believe doesn't make them "blind".

I'm fully aware many here don't give a damn about religion. I'm not attempting to change that. I'm just saying you have no business trying to marginalize religion in government and law making by misinterpreting what "separation of church and state" means.

And anyone who doesn't see that Obama and Biden's actions directly conflict with some of the basic tenants of Christianity is blind. There's no getting around that. Unfortunately, in Obama's case, he mirrors much of the black community in general. Their churches are rather conservative, teaching directly from the Bible, but they sell themselves to the Democratic party (which is all but antagonistic to religion) for a mess of pottage.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.