Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Well, I'm sure if she was talking to her kid about how gay marriage is wrong, then you wouldn't feel that she was exploiting her kid. As for filling heads with garbage, I could remember myself being subjected to the same practice, but finally when all that I put in my head later balanced each other out, I got where I am. If filling heads could work, I now must be a faithful Muslim. However, I never in my life warmed up to the ideas that I was taught in the school and I always was looking for something else, and now I'm an atheist.

Even if she had the opposite opinion on gay marriage, it would still be tasteless to use her kid like that.

And, by the way, there's no such thing as atheists. Everyone knows there's a God.

Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
If being disgusted in a form of sexual relationship is now the compass for what goes and what doesn't, then whose gut should we follow? How about two women having sex? Would that disgust men as well? How about BDSM? Regardless of the kind of sex, almost all of us don't want to picture our parents having sex. Since we're disgusted in their sexual relationship, does this repulsion make their sex life wrong? Repulsion cannot be the basis on what goes and what doesn't. Only the parties involve in the sexual act must consent to what goes and what doesn't.

I'm not saying disgust needs to be the reason to ban gay marriage. I just don't like you guys pretending like it doesn't disgust you too. You know it does but you guys are more concerned about appearing politically correct. Not only is homosexuality degenerate behavior (like the other stuff you mentioned above) but it's also unnatural. And the government has no business officially recognizing or legitimizing it.

Originally Posted By: XDCX
I think that applies to you too. Because despite the "good arguments" that you have presented, they don't represent your reasoning for being against gay marriage. You are morally opposed based on your religious beliefs, and nothing more. There is nothing wrong with that, because I respect your religious views. Just own it.

Of course it applies to me. I freely admit that because I don't care about appearing politically correct. Homosexuality, is abhorrent, disgusting, perverted, and just plain evil. It's why Sodom and Gomorrah was wiped out. And I've also already said a big reason...the biggest reason...I'm opposed to gay marriage is because of my religious beliefs. But it isn't the only reason. Like I said, even if you take religion completely out of the equation, I'd still be dead set against it.

Originally Posted By: XDCX
And I hate to break it to you, but my interpretation of "seperation of church and state" seems pretty accurate. The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...." Where did I get it wrong?

"Respecting establishment of religion..." In other words, an official state church like the Church of England. Not that religious influence has no place in government or law making. That's you libs bastardizing the original meaning just like you do with abortion being justified by the "right to privacy."

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.