Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
That's the absolute truth. You can get three Mexicans from Pueblo for the price of one CIA grad. It's a rude awakening for these kids when they graduate culinary school, to say the very least.

But slightly off topic, you know as well as I do that celebrity chefs aren't always the tops in their field. Not remotely. They're just the luckiest (or the most photogenic). There are "chefs" pulling in a million a year on Food Channel and Food Network who I wouldn't give a pantry job to. And you know I'm right about that.

its a shame. again, i don't even necessarily blame the restaurants themselves, because at the end of the day profits speak the loudest. it comes down to the systems in place, and the lack of almost any enforcement at all with regards to illegals working right out in the open. from what i hear, nyc does a better job than most, at least in the more well known establishments, but its still far from perfect.

the second part in generally true, take your buddy fieri for example. there are, however, guys like gordon ramsey. the guy is an asshole, but from all accounts he could jump right into the busiest manhattan eateries and fit right in. still, the whole celebrity chef fad, along with the immigration concerns, have turned one of the biggest industries in the us into a false promise, nothing more than a pipe dream for most.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!