Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
I've always been a fan of Jasper Carrott. I used to like Royston Vasey (Roy "Chubby" Brown) but I now don't really like those who rely on excessive profanity--and I despite any of the (usually more recent) comedians who insist on the humiliation of those in the front row. How is that funny?

I reckon it's important for the comedian to interact with the audience. I find if the jokes against people in the croud are spontanious they're usually funny, but if they're planned that's crap. Just like heckling, the good comedian knows how to deal with it spontaniously and not practiced comebacks as "I guess you've drank too much". The best comeback I heard was when I saw a comedian on holiday. It was in a fairly small club and the guy had to walk past the stage, maybe to the toilet or bar. The comedian took the piss and the guy returned with "I'm on tablets, you know" He wasn't happy and people were shocked. We didn't know how the comedian could deal with that, but he almost immediately came back with "So was Moses".

Probably one of those things where you'd have to be there.

So die all who betray Giuliano